As We Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of TILT
Right now we feel like we’re in between two huge mountains: our TILT crowd funding campaign (which was successful on August 6th thanks to our 223 amazing backers) and the filming for TILT (which starts September 18th.) You’d think we’d get a little breather while in this slightly quieter “work valley.” You’d be wrong.
"This is no time to stop and smell the honeysuckle, Julie."
SO – JUST WHAT HAVE WE BEEN UP TO?
She plays it cool, but on the inside Jess is jumping for joy at the prospect of another wild rice omelet.
- TILTtheShoot: Jess and I will be heading up to Brainerd for the TILT shoot in September. We’re planning on taking lots of pictures, making vlogs about behind the scenes hijinks, and eating lots of breakfast stuffs from The Sawmill Inn. Oh, and we might help Phil a little. Find out what we did on our last Brainerd trip here.
- TILTtheShorts: Last week I put the finishing touches on the script for the 4th and final TILT short, which features yet another of the movie’s side characters. You could still understand everything in TILT without seeing the teaser shorts…but why would you want to?
- TILTtheTown: The end of our crowd funding campaign doesn’t mean the end of fun in TILTtheTown. I just finished bio #170 last night. Only 50 or so to go – YAY! As soon as I finish #175, Jessica will release an updated TILTtheTown storybook with hypertext links so that you can see who’s playing with who in our imaginary universe.
Jess prepping for vlog w/ her friend Flippy
- New Vlog: We shot a video of support for some friends running a crowd funding campaign for their own indie film (much like this one we made in May for Danny Lacey.) You’re gonna love it.
- New Kfink films: Narrowing down ideas for possible shorts and gearing up to flesh out the treatment we’ve written for our Kevin Keck project. No rest for the Wiccan. I mean, wicked. I mean, ambitious.
We’ve also had some amazing shout outs from friends:
Lots to look forward to! Thanks for stopping in.