Social Media Charm School is for creative people who have woken up and realized they need to start thinking a little business-y if they’re going to make it to the big time. It’s for people with a great product and little exposure. It’s for people who want to promote themselves from hobbyist to full-time maker. It’s for filmmakers, authors, painters, sculptors, singers, candle-stick makers, bakers, and anyone else who has something to share or sell and no one waiting to buy it. Social Media Charm School is for people willing to put in the time to make their own lives great by making someone else’s better. Are you ready?
While we love writing web series and narrative films, we sometimes find ourselves writing other things… books, essays, articles. You can find those things here.
- “Freelancer’s Journal: The Digital Media Duo” – Jessica – Scratch Magazine, January 2015
- “Give the People What They Want: Niche Web Series as Sustainable Filmmaking” – Filmmaker Magazine, June 2014.
- “10 Social Media Tips for a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign” – Julie – PBS MediaShift, December 2013
- “Taking the Reins: Give to Get Backed” – Julie – Script Magazine, November 2012
- “Taking the Reins: Warming Up the Crowd” – Julie – Script Magazine, April 2012
- “Independent Film in the Classroom” – Jessica – The Workbook Project, July 2010
You can also read Julie’s work daily in the PBS MediaShift Daily Must Reads newsletter.